Sir Owen Dixon Chambers was established in 1993 on Level 14 of the Tattersalls Building at 179 Elizabeth Street, Sydney.
Sir Owen Dixon Chambers currently has 34 barristers who practice in a wide variety of areas. For more specific information concerning the areas of practice please click here. Alternatively, our Clerk, Ian Irvine, is available to assist with any enquiries concerning engaging suitable counsel.
Peter Stitz is the Head of Chambers.
Our Chambers are named after Sir Owen Dixon (1886 - 1972).
Sir Owen Dixon was admitted to practice as a barrister in 1910 and appointed silk in 1922. He was appointed as a High Court Justice in 1929 and served as Chief Justice from 1952 to 1964. He was also Minister to Washington from 1942 to 1944.